Monday, December 21, 2009

Reflecting on 2009

It's the time of the year again to look back on how the year has gone for me.

January 2009
I had a great family trip to Macau and Hong Kong. Can't wait to do it again in May 2010.


February 2009

Celebrated my 25th birthday in Phuket. This was probably our best Thailand trip, no scams and all fun!


March 2009
Had a few trips to Singapore as Jiin was working in a project here. If 2008 was bangkok jazz, 2009 was definitely crystal jade kitchen for its amazing shrimp dumpling noodles and dim sum:)

April 2009
Made quite a huge career decision which I am glad I did.

May 2009
Visited Siem Reap with old buddies. It was a great discovery trip and the highlights were the ATV and Tonle Sap lake tour.

I then made my way back to London and Poland for work.

This time around, paid my uncle a visit in his home in Dartford. It felt good to finally get to hang out and know my uncle and family.

June 2009
Jiin visited me in London and we made our way to Bath, Stonehenge and Paris:)

The amazing gardens in Paris and not forgetting the best steak I've ever tasted!
Then I spent a weekend in Amsterdam with Kam Tat.


July 2009
Back and away to Bali with old buddies! Nice trip. Man Utd was in town too.


August 2009
Celebrated mum and dad's 60th birthday. Amazing how far they've come!

September 2009
Celebrated our 3rd anniversary in Nexus Karambunai, Sabah. Had a very relaxing weekend all to ourselves.


October 2009
Probably the most uneventful month of the year, but we did have some dinners and a hotel stay in Westin!

November 2009
The birth of Jon, my first nephew whom got everyone in the family very excited:) Was also in Cherating for the company treasure hunt.


December 2009
Had a nice trip back to JB with ex-coursemates and then to Singapore for a long weekend break and then off to Penang next week!

Looking back on the year, did not accomplish much 'firsts' except for the travels. However, all in all a good year and can't wait for the new year, new goals! No resolutions, no targets so I need to have some:)
1. Get the damn 6-pack - every year's failed resolution:(
2. Watch a football match, preferably in Old Trafford - failed 2008 resolution
3. Excelling at work
4. New Zealand and a few relaxing holiday get-aways
5. Good financial management

No comments: