Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Remember.....

There were various people who have great influence in my life but there were just the few people whom have left a mark that I could vividly remember them...
Pn. Rohani - My std 3 teacher who was a fierce one. We will never forget how she emphasises the way we write letters and digits like 'e' and '5'. She would make us memorise the 'sifir' and those who fail will have to stand on the chair till the end of the period. Her classes were therefore always very tense and not looked forward to. However as I moved on, I realised what a solid foundation she has bestowed on me and forever I'm thankful.

Chee Keong - the super senior (6 years) who has been there for me and everyone through all those years. I've always said the reason I was active in Red Crescent society was not because I wanted so much to be a volunteer or a first aider. Pretty blunt but that's the truth. Being a volunteer was a secondary thing but of course it does help knowing i contributed to the society at one point of my life:) anyway, it was seniors like him who taught me so much about life and discipline, nowhere else I would have gotten them. It amazes me really how my seniors were so mature, even at a tender age back then. I wish i have that same influencing impact on my juniors and that they look up to me just as much as I do my seniors.

Mr. Loh Chin Kuang - My Math sir who was also a life philosopher. I remember his interesting lessons touching about how we should look forward to success in life with a strong-willed attitude. I think above all, he taught me the reason to be happy and positive. His never forgotten favourite phrases were "Every day should be my birthday" and "When we wake up each day, we all have a choice to be happy or moody, either way you still have to live, so why be moody?"

No comments: