Saturday, March 14, 2009

My priorities

Here's how it looks on the outside: I have a good job, pay, perks and incentives. I get to travel to places on business trips and get enrolled in expensive trainings like Prince2 and Six Sigma. And here's what people don't see: It's just another frustrating job. On my travel trips, I had to do hand-washed laundry, work late at nights, and only have the weekend to look forward to.

I guess my point is one is never contented isn't it? We always look at other people and think "wow they're having a wonderful life and mine sucks". Well the grass is always greener at the other side. I know the new role come April will be a steep learning curve and I'm pretty confident I'll have lesser things to complain as I'll have better control of things than now.

I am indeed thankful that my job has enabled me and my loved ones to fly to places with my own hard-earned money. Growing up, the only places I've ever travelled outside the country were Thailand and Singapore. I was never that fortunate as my other friends but I never did complain as my parents made sure we cover a lot of places within the country. Furthermore the last thing I want is for them to spend their hard earned money on me. I truly believe my peers who come from mediocre-earning families would understand how great the feeling is to be able to finally sponsor our own travels.

My priorities in life at the moment and at my age, are my parents and living life to the fullest hence the travels and good food. This translates to very little savings, lol. However, people who know me well know I live life the moderate way and you would never see me in debt or spending extravagantly over something (except food I guess :D).

There you go, for those who are curious, my priorities and I'm sure you have yours too. Whatever you choose, be contented and be happy in life:)

No comments: